Thursday, April 1, 2010

Life Update First, March 2010

I know everyone is dying to know, what the heck happened in my life during the month of March? Basically, a lot of things to set up an exciting April. We had our tryouts for Minnesota Magic AAU team that I will be coaching and while we got some good players, I was a bit dissapointed that our boss decided to go with 3 teams instead of 2. If we had just made 2 teams and taken the top 16 or 17 of the 28 kids that tried out, we would be a lot better, but I understand it is a business and the more kids he can place on teams the more money he can get. We ended up leaving the try out with 7, 2 of which I had to have. Of course one of those kids had a really high maintenance mother and it turns out he has already left the program. We were able to recruit 2 other kids so we currently have 8, including a very explosive point guard that I'm sure you will here about down the road. I have no problem "stealing" basketball plays and during the NCAA tournament I used my TIVO quite a bit to rewatch certain sets that seemed to work a lot. Our first practice is this Tuesday and I could not be more excited about it. I think I can know understand why certain coaches like Steve Lavin will go ten years without coaching and then find themselves back in it,it really is a powerful addiction. I really think that I will coach some basketball team in some way for the rest of my life. I'm really fortunate at the age I am to have already coached has many teams as I have, and coaching AAU is a ton of fun and a totally different experience.
On another topic, I have my fantasy baseball draft tonight. I finished 4th 2 years ago and an emberassing 12th of 12th last year. The guys and gals that we do the league with are really competitive so it is a lot of fun, I think I have a better strategy this year and really want to win! I think I actually want to either pick first or 11th or 12th so I won't blow my first round pick as much.
I don't know if I mentioned this in the last blog, but I now have two cats! Bobcat and Junie, I got them from the Humane Society and they really get along well and are both really friendly and nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment