Monday, August 23, 2010

But Dane? How has poker been going?

I totally promise to keep doing results at the end of the month, sorry I am so lazy that I didn't even do that. Here is a brief recap of the months I missed.

June: Bad month, down over $3k. No final tables, had several finshes 10th-18th (Which means the table right before the final table.) Very disappointing but poker players have to realize it is part of the game as well at looking how to improve that aspect.

July: Up about $2k. A little bit frustrating because I did make 4 Final tables that month. Best cash was a 4th place in a $20 rebuy event for $2651. 3 other 4 figure scores as well, but not a win!

August: Pretty bad so far, I have a few sessions left this month to turn it around, but it's not healthy
to press on the 30th just because of a bad month. Poker is a very LONG term game, some players won't even look at the monthly results because it really does not mean anything.

Overall strategies/summary: I am playing a lot more satellites on Full Tilt and I am really enjoying being able to play some of the major events with literally the best players in the world. It's a total trip. Now to win one of those for 6 figures...well that would be pretty sweet.

Life: I LOVE my new apartment in northeast Minneapolis. What I don't love is the weight I have been gaining due to 20 years of a horrible diet. So I am going to the gym minimum 2 days a week with a trainer and actually eating well, it's really weird. P.S. If you haven't seen me in a while, I'm not a massive blob or 300 lbs or anything, just getting some love handles that I'm not a real fan of.

No comments:

Post a Comment