Thursday, October 15, 2009

3rd post of best....you know what I think I'm gonna start naming these.

If i were to name the blog today it would be "SO CLOSE!" Yesterday was my 3rd consecutive 6am shift and usually by the 3rd of those I am pretty worn out, not to mention everyone and their mother is sick right now so we are consistently short people. One would think that after work I would not rush home to play poker right? WRONG! Well in a way you are right, I rushed home to take care of um....well for lack of a better term, I really had to drop a major deuce, only to be thwarted by one lane traffic on hwy 100! DAMMIT! Don't worry, I made it, won the war in the bathroom and started playin the $8.80 buy in at Poker Stars that begins at 3 pm. I found myself playing pretty well but was hurtin on chips with about 80 people left. At this point I had already "cashed" which means that I would be gettin some money back on my 8.80, about $32 to be exact, but thats nothing after 4-5 hours of playing! Down to 35k in chips with blinds at 2/5k/5k I was dealt J9 in the big blind. Obviously, not a great hand but one guy kept raising and I told myself that it was heads up I would go with it and hope to have 2 live cards. As Scott Fischman says "you have to create your own luck" I did exactly that and a 9 fell on the river giving me the win! Of course idiot opponent was mad and didn't have the poker sense to realize that my play was indeed logical while his preflop raise to 4 small stacks with K10 off suit maybe wasn't. Long story short, in the next 2 hands i had knocked him out of the tournament and became the chipleader!
I won't bore the non poker players with too many more details, I did make the final table ready to win the first place prize of just under $3000! Sadly, it didn't quite work out and I fell in 5th place for $840, still not a bad afternoon! In the last 10 days I have finished 11th, 9th, and 5th in major tournaments so it is really only a matter of time! Bankroll is just under 5k and again I feel like I'm due for a big win, and am playing pretty well.
However, may not be playing a lot in the next few months which is cool cuz basketball season is starting up in a matter of weeks. First practice will be on Nov. 2nd! I am coaching 8th grade girls first, and then boys, I don't have a schedule yet but I expect it will be similar to last year (meaning we will play some big schools and a .500 record would be an accomplishment) We went 5-7 last year, probably 6th of the 10 teams or so we play, I really wish we could find a way to do a league playoff at the end of the year, it'd be really fun to gear up for a postseason!

4 comments:

  1. dane, i cannot express this enough: this is the most boring thing i have ever read. it is brilliant. i will read it for the rest of my natural life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was the...best blog...everrr.

    Lily made Creme brulee!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will reiterate what I wrote to you on Facebook, Dane. The threat of duece in the pants, while sitting in one lane traffic, the anxiety of not knowing if you will make it in time, will my sphinctor muscles hold it, did the second 20 oz Mountain Dew I drank create a stool so slippery and wet that I will have no choice but to sit in it while I wait in traffic? This is what you faced. But with sheer focus and determination, giving 110 percent, you made it unscathed. You showed that shit who was boss. And you didn't stop there. No. You made your 8.80 table and had the BALLS, yes the BALLS, to go heads up with j9 and take it down. I'm moved. I'm inspired. I think I can speak for all 5 of your readers when I say we are better human beings becuase of your blog. Thank you and God bless.

    ReplyDelete